SCOUT SUNDAY 2018
On January 22, 2018 Troop 14 celebrated its 100th Anniversary.
Scout Troop 14 of St. John’s Newberry United Methodist Church was first organized as Troop 1 of Newberry, PA on January 22, 1918. With the establishment of the Williamsport Council, B.S.A. in our city in November of 1919, this Troop 1 of Newberry became Troop 14 of Williamsport, PA. The Williamsport Council later became the Lycoming County Council in 1928 and the West Branch Council in 1934. With the merging of the West Branch Council and the Sunbury Council in 1974, Troop 14 became part of the Lycoming District of the Susquehanna Council, B.S.A. serving five counties. Today we are part of the Bald Eagle District of the Susquehanna Council that serves Lycoming and Clinton Counties.
This year, Troop 14 is able to celebrate 100 years of providing scouting to boys in the Newberry and surrounding area. Troop 14 has been chartered to Saint John’s, and now Saint John’s Newberry United Methodist Church for all 100 consecutive years. It has been through the efforts of many that the Troop has been and continues to be an active and strong unit. We celebrate our scouting heritage. We look forward to continued success in the coming years.
The Cub Scout program serves boys in grades kindergarten through fifth grade. The Boy Scout program is available to boys ages eleven to seventeen. In addition there is a Girl Scout Troop that meets at the West End Christian Community Center (WECCC). For more information on the Girl Scout Troop contact the church or WECCC office.
For information on Cub Scouts, contact Cubmaster Dave Whitnack at 570-916-1181 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on Boy Scouts, contact Scoutmaster John Andreacci – 570-323-4771 or 570-447-8041 or email@example.com.